Wednesday, March 22, 2017

The Most Rad Vegan Soap, EVER!

So I got this package in the mail. You could smell it from a mile away - not a bad smell at all - it smelled like there was a giant godzilla made entirely out of natural soap lurking around. I checked every corner, nothing. Then I looked down and realized the delicious smell of cleanliness was coming from the box within my hands. Rad Soap Co. I should have known.


Upon opening the box, I noticed the beautiful and thoughtful packaging. Oh, who am I kidding - I noticed the photograph. Pictured is Rad Soap Co. founder Sue Kerber and her hot sons. I'm a marketing expert and I'd like to commend you, Sue; smart move putting those handsome boys in the box.


Then I got distracted and I forgot what I was reviewing here. Oh, yes, of course, the soap. 

This soap smells good, like really truly heavenly. Then I found myself going back to the photo...those are really good looking humans you made there, Sue. Oh, gosh, yes, the soap, let's get back to the soap.

How do you insert the heart eyes emoji into your blog post?

The kind folks at Rad Soap were so kind to send me their Kryptonite and Chaga soap, as well as their Project Hemp Cream. I was so excited by the smells of these soaps, I couldn't wait to try them out!



Chaga has a beautiful sweet smell. It is an antioxidant soap, which I absolutely love, and it is made with wild chaga mushroom. There's also scents of primrose, sweet orange, tangerine, clementine and patchouli. I can see this becoming my go-to soap and it is a perfect way to start the day. This soap reminds me of the way we should all be waking up and getting the day started. Now I'm wondering how anyone ever lived without starting the day with Chaga soap.

Kryptonite is also a skin detox soap with matcha tea, reishi mushroom and tea tree. Amazing ingredients for healing the skin! This is why Sue started the company, to heal her son's eczema, which is really a beautiful and amazing thing. I love companies that have a purpose that's not driven solely by making money - companies fueled by love. I dig it. 

This soap instantly brings me back to childhood. It brought back memories I thought I'd forgotten about. Being outside all day, exploring nature. I smell the trees, grass and leaves in this soap. I slightly smell mushrooms but the kind that you smell among nature on a warm foggy day after the rain has stopped. I smell camping and I smell the times my father would make furniture out of wood and when my grandfather would be cutting wood for the fireplace, while I was a kid outside playing with my brother and cousins. I was suddenly brought back to the home I grew up in, in a small town in Connecticut, by a smell. This was so unexpected. Now I'm wondering what my family would feel smelling this soap, if they'd recall the same memories and feelings that I had. I'll buy them all a bar, it is certainly worth a shot. Beautiful soap - very well done, Rad Co.

Next I rushed to trying the Project Hemp Cream which is the company's first product. My hands are really dry right now because I've been working on my vegan cookbook, doing tons of cooking and food styling, and lots of hand washing; my hands have been dry and uncomfortable. I used a few other creams and they always left my hands burning and getting red afterwards. I was so eager to try Project Hemp Cream because these products are designed specifically to heal and nourish your skin. This package couldn't have arrived at a better time!

WOW! I haven't seen my hands this moisturized in a while! I thought I had to wait for summer for them to get back to normal, I didn't think it would take one application of this scent-free wonder cream! I should have taken before and after pictures.

I'm loving these Rad products, truly! Everything is Vegan, Plant-based, Cruelty-free, Pet-friendly (YES! So when my dog gets sprayed by the same skunk for the millionth time, I can use this soap on her too!), and made by a wonderful (and good-looking) family company. 

When this stash runs out, I will be replenishing my soap and skin care needs with Rad Soap Co. for sure. Thanks so much for sending this to me!

And for now, the Dirty Vegan is signing off. I didn't frame the photo of Sue's sons, what are you talking about... *whistles*

No comments:

Post a Comment