Thursday, March 23, 2017

Goodnight, Doogie - We're Getting Old.


Before I introduce these Goodnights I'll be doing, let me address the poll I posted on Twitter to get your opinion about them... I am astonished by how many of you don't know who Doogie Howser is! Then again, I'm not. I'm old. Things like this really make me feel my age.

Tonight's Goodnight will be about aging. The vegan diet has blessed me with a youthful appearance, so has good genes, all the women in my family age amazingly, but sometimes I feel my age. Like the times when I have to google the latest slang words because I don't know what they mean. Or when I'm sitting down on the floor for far too long and I get up, ouch (when did that happen?!). Or today food styling and doing a photoshoot outside. It looked beautiful out there but it was windy and cold, brrr. When I was younger, I would be able to spend time outside without a jacket, hit your 30s and forget about it. But the Doogie thing. Can't believe that. Next you'll tell me you don't remember the show, Small Wonder.


It's a weird ass show anyways. I loved it, however. Us 80s/ 90s kids are weirdos.

Anyways, this is my first Goodnight. Inspired by the great child M.D., Doogie Howser. I'm laughing as I type this. Seriously, I wanted to share the insight of the day with you all, and I need way more than 140 characters to do it justice. So here I am sitting at my computer, well, my laptop, like the ending of Doogie Howser, M.D. Should I have named these posts Doogies instead of Goodnights? Nah, then I'd have to title them "Doogie,..." and that's kinda odd, especially since apparently no one knows who Dr. Howser is! This first Goodnight is nowhere near as profound as Doogie's were. Then again, I don't have a team of writers creating them for me, huh Doog.

And for tonight, the Dirty Vegan is signing off. Here's to ageing gracefully! And Doogie, and video stores, and Pogs, and SkipIt, and whatever else I say that no one will remember. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment