Thursday, March 23, 2017

Goodnight, Signs

"Sign, sign everywhere a sign"

Five Man Electrical Band?

Never mind. 

Tonight I'm reflecting on the signs of the day. Did you ever have a day, or even a period in your life, where you keep getting the same signs? Maybe it is a word that keeps popping up on tv, in a book you are reading, on the radio, or on social media. How about when you are thinking something, and someone says something similar to what you were just thinking - has that ever happened to you? Is it really a sign, perhaps from the universe, or merely just a coincidence?

Some spiritual experts seem to think that the universe has a plan and also sends messages to people. Most scientific experts say that that isn't possible. So how do we explain these strange coincidences, these signs? And do they mean something?

This happens to me often. I'll be thinking about something random, not something that has been buzzed in the mainstream news, but something very distinct, specific or obscure, then I'll be on Twitter and see someone else tweet about the same exact thing. How is that possible? Sometimes it happens more than once and comes from the same person. Could we be operating on the same brain frequencies or wavelengths as others? Some scientists seem to think that is possible as well, that we are all connected.

It's not like this is a new phenomenon. People have written songs about seeing "signs" (although in the Five Man Electrical Band's case I think they were actually talking about signs, like posted signage. Ace of Base is a better song example for "signs") and more than one of my friends and family members talk about constantly looking at the clock at the same time each day, 11:11.

I don't know what to believe, but I do notice "signs" and I wonder about them. As a person who likes answers for everything, I do find this re-occurrence peculiar. Maybe they are just coincidences. What do you believe?

No comments:

Post a Comment