Monday, October 17, 2011

Tofurky Makes My Day Better

"How delightful to find a friend in everyone." -Joseph Brodsky

This next recipe uses a great product from my friends at Tofurky. I love all of their products so very much! Their products contain whole soy that is non-GMO and I just adore them. The first Thanksgiving that I was vegan, their Feast was such a special delight - and still is to this day! Out of all the veggie "meat" products out there, Tofurky will always be my favorite and hold a special place in my heart, especially since I feel so great after eating it. Cheers!

A Festive Way to Eat Your Tofurky Sausage!

2 tbsp olive oil
1 large sweet potato, chopped
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables of your choice
1 tsp garlic herb seasoning of your choice
1 package (4 sausage links) Tofurky Italian Sausage
1 tsp Shoyu (or Tamari/ Soy sauce/ Bragg's Liquid Aminos)

Heat olive oil in medium skillet and add sweet potato. Mix and add vegetable broth. Cover with lid and simmer for 5 minutes on medium/ high heat. Then mix in frozen vegetables, sprinkle with garlic herb seasoning, cover with lid, and simmer again for about 5- 7 minutes, or until sweet potato is soft. Slice Tofurky Sausage and mix into skillet with shoyu. Cook until mixture is thoroughly warmed. Serve alone, over rice, or with a side salad. Enjoy!


  1. Once Celine Steen and Tamasin Noyes's sammich cookbook comes out, you'll never buy Tofurky anything ever again.

  2. Ya nice recipe.. I like all the food your blog Thanks for sharing
    Egg Donors Mexico

  3. Wow i was looking for this thanks for sharing this with us.
    machine to machine

  4. We tried out your recipe (amongst others) and posted our results!! Thanks SO MUCH for all the faboosh recipes!!!

  5. Looks great! Thanks, I'm glad you are enjoying the recipes! Cheers :D