Sunday, September 25, 2011

Holy Mock Meats, Batman!

No animals were harmed in this realistic looking soy food!

I've had veggie jerky before. I've had Primal Strips, Tofurky Jerky, and other brands with a similar product. Never had I experienced this type of sweet and spiciness before. It is called, "Veggie Jerky"; please don't ask me what else this package says, because I admit, I will not be able to tell you this. On the back of the package reads the vegan ingredients in English, which are simple, basic, and natural: "Non-GMO soy, etc.". I'm guessing on the front of this package, the symbols read 100% vegetarian/ vegan and two out of three stars for spiciness; definitely spicy tasting. This Veggie Jerky comes from Taiwan where it is produced and I happen to know that the culture there takes great pride in their mock meats and getting tofu or soy items to be as realistic as possibly. Imitation food is an art-form, utilizing craft and skill. I respect this art and think it is rather interesting. And as long as its 100% vegan-friendly, I'm always game to try it!

So what do you think? Is this vegan jerky too realistic for you, or would you give it a try?

No comments:

Post a Comment