Friday, March 1, 2013

Be a Good One.

I came across something that the celebrity makeup artist, Kandee Johnson said, and I wanted to touch on the topic in today's blog post.



"True beauty doesn't come from the face, it comes from the heart. There is no amount of makeup that you can put on an ugly attitude and an ugly heart that will make it look like that is truly a beautiful person. Beauty is something that you should be able to feel in a room that's totally dark and you cannot see a person. It's something that a heart can feel, not just that the eyes can see. Because I have met a lot of people that look beautiful on the outside, but their attitudes and the way they treat people is very ugly on the inside." -Kandee Johnson



It doesn't matter who you are or what you are, just be a good person. Do the right thing and make decisions that are from a good place and not a bad place. Before you do something, think about all of whom your decision might effect. Will someone be hurt by something you are doing or want to do? Does it feel wrong to be doing it? Is it something that you should hide or cannot be completely honest about? If you answered yes to any of those questions, you are not being a good person. If you have to lie about something, chances are it is not the right thing to do and you shouldn't be doing it. If you have to erase or cover up actions that you are doing, but go about your life thinking you aren't doing anything wrong, then tell me, why cover it up? Live your life in such a way, that you can sleep at night with a clear conscious knowing that your actions have not negatively effected anyone else in any way. Be aware of yourself and your surroundings and most importantly, how you effect the world around you. I believe that if people start being held accountable for the way that they live, we would have a happier world. Be honest with others and be honest with yourself. If you feel a certain way, don't hold those feelings inside. If you are making a decision for a certain reason, own it. Don't be a deceitful person because it only makes you have an ugly heart. You can dress up an ugly heart but in the end, you can't fake it. If you are mean, people can see it, no matter how much you try to deny it or fake it. If you are doing wrong in your life, trust me, you aren't that good at hiding it, no one is. No matter what you do in life, good or bad, it will come back to you. It always does. Do you think you can go around willy-nilly with your actions and there are no cosmic consequences? Oh no, no, no - sorry it does not work that way.



So, the lesson of the day is, stand up for what is right. If you have a beautiful heart, speak up when something is wrong or do not be a part of something that is negative. Karma is a real thing, because I have seen it first hand. That is why I try and live my life a certain way, mainly to be an advocate of goodness and spread those good vibes to those around me, but also I do not want karma bringing me back anything evil that I may have put out into the world first. Good karma is a wonderful thing. I have seen it come back to me and I smile because it is a beautiful feeling to help someone selflessly and then get a wonderful surprise when you least expect it. To be a good person, makes me feel happier. No matter what misfortunes life throws my way, I always look at the blessings. It is best to see things with a positive outlook. As long as I know that I am doing the right thing, I cannot be accountable for other people's crumby behavior. I can just try to influence and change the world for the better. I am proud to raise our family with the belief that, "You always do the right thing no matter what and you always think of how you would feel if something was to be done to you. If you wouldn't be comfortable with it, someone else wouldn't like it either.". Sometimes doing the right thing isn't exactly easy, but it sure is easier to sleep at night, rather than staying up at night feeling guilty about your dishonorable actions. And the worst of all people, are the ones who don't feel guilty about doing awful things. So try and be a good one. Think about others and think about yourself. When you cheat others, you are only cheating yourself. When you hurt others, you are the one that is hurting inside.

"Be a fountain, not a drain." -Rex Hudler

And for now, the Dirty Vegan is signing off. I hope you have a day full of good fortune and I'm sending lots of positive vibes your way. Pay it forward; you'll be amazed on how great it makes you feel.

2 comments:

  1. [ Smiles ] Lovely pointers to take notice of. Everything has karmic implications.

    ReplyDelete