Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Chocolate Covered Granola?! Wha, Wha, What???

I absolutely love granola. I'm like a granola freak! Sometimes it is hard to find a good vegan granola since many seem to contain honey or milk products. I also adore chocolate. Cocoa is like nature's way of making your day more awesome. Now imagine, just imagine...chocolate covered granola clusters. I know, in our wildest dreams right? WRONG! Nutty Steph's has made this fantasy a reality. I honestly had never thought about this nutty combination, but now that I know about Nutty Steph's, I can't see how I lived without chocolate covered granola for this long.

 


Nutty Steph's is a Vermont-based granola company that specialize in handmade treats like granola, trail mix, dried items like fruit, chocolate candy, and their special creation called Magic Chunks.

 Magic Chunks!

Nutty Steph's has their ingredients on the website with their products, so you can see that they offer many vegan options. I love that their granola is sweetened with pure maple syrup and not honey. Pure maple syrup just so happens to be a favorite of mine. Plus, Vermont is known for excellent maple syrup. Their products are handcrafted, which is really neat. They also have a gluten-free selection, so everyone can enjoy these.

I tried the following vegan Nutty Steph's products, and here is what I thought of them:

Magic Chunks in Dark Chocolate flavor: using chocolate grown in protected forests by Ecuadoran farmer cooperatives to cover these granola chunks, the flavors you get are vast and intense! They are 70% cacao and you get nutty notes from the chocolate, almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, and sunflower seeds. You can also detect the beautiful flavors of cinnamon and vanilla. Marvelous to get all of these elements in one scrumptious bite!

Magic Chunks in Chewy Fruit Chocolate flavor (Black Forest): My favorite of the two chunks I've tried. You can really taste the coconut, sun dried bananas, and cherries with every bite. What a lovely combination along with the delicious granola. Amazing and addicting!

Vermont Granola: this is definitely a great granola. The flavor combinations are superb and I loved trying it with almond milk and also over my vegan yogurt. The oats combined with nuts, cinnamon, and maple syrup make this a very special treat. Try not to eat the whole bag in one sitting, I dare you. I have tried a lot of granolas and Nutty Steph's is one of the best.

Blackbird Dark Chocolate with Three Seeds: what an interesting way to experience your candy bar. Seeds in this smooth and buttery (from cocoa butter) chocolate make this a yummy and nutritious treat. And think about it, the antioxidants and omegas you are getting from the cocoa and flax seeds make this a health-worthy indulgence.

Lemon Ginger Pecan Dark Chocolate: if you like zing in your chocolate, this one is for you. Nutty Steph's chocolate is super delicious along with refreshing lemon, spicy ginger, and pecans to balance it all out, which make this a really fun one! I'm definitely a fan.



If you want to get your hands on some Nutty Steph's, they are available on their website and they also have a Flagship store for anyone who is in the Vermont area.

And for now, the Dirty Vegan is signing off. Hope you have a sweet and nutty day!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! This is what I would fill my doomsday prepping bug-out bag with.

    ReplyDelete