Saturday, October 23, 2010

You Will Love My Biscuits

"I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it." -Mae West

Love My Hot and Fluffy 'Olive Oil Biscuits' Recipe


You will need:

2 cups flour (I used multi-purpose unbleached from Whole Foods)
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup almond milk

What to do:

Preheat oven 450 degrees. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Pour in oil while mixing with a butter knife. Do the same with the almond milk. I used the knife in a glass bowl so I can scrape and mix the dough up. Make dough into a ball with your hands. Knead the dough for a few minutes on a lightly floured surface. Then flatten evenly. Use a biscuit cutter, cookie cutter, or round glass to cut out biscuit rounds. Place them on an ungreased baking sheet about an inch or so apart from each other. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly brown, raised, and fluffy. This recipe will make about 10 biscuits, depending on how thick you like them.

You will notice in the photo that I served the biscuit with tofu scramble. There are many different ways you can make tofu scramble. I made the above as a basic and creamy style. I used tofu, Earth Balance, Tofutti Cream Cheese, Bragg's Nutritional Yeast, garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper. I sauteed that in a pan as the biscuits were baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment