Friday, October 1, 2010

Shooo-La-La!

Greetings my Little Naughties! Have you ever wondered how to rock shoes as glamorous as celebrities while still being vegan and not spending your entire life's savings? Look no further! You too can wear shoes that can be compared to designer Christian Louboutin's for a fraction of the price and you guessed it...cruelty free! I buy my red sole heels from a brand called Oh Deer. The silver ones below are all manmade materials. Not all their stuff may be vegan, so do your research and if you are unsure by the item listing online or in the stores, ask a representative for help or send an e-mail and ask them. The black ones are also vegan and have the nice red sole and designer couture style, however I bought them on e-Bay and they are a different brand. Today's lesson is: you can still be fabulous and be vegan. You don't have to support cruelty to be drop dead gorgeous and stylish, just be a savvy shopper and do your research. You will be very surprised in the designers who do make fashions with non-animal materials. So make it a point to buy those items and not to support items in which were made in an inhumane manner. Also, if you really like a designer but they do not offer vegan options, tell them to! Speak up and write to these companies; they want to hear from consumers to improve their products. Companies also would like to broaden their fan base, so let them know..and for now the Dirty Vegan is signing off.

2 comments:

  1. I'm 53 and Vegan. I'm also the doc coordinator for a construction site. It's VERY hard to find steel toed boots I can wear on site that aren't made of leather. Also, at the age of 53, I need shoes with great support when I'm in the office (not on site) that are comfortable to walk in for 1/3 to 2/3rds of my day. I've yet to find a quality shoe that isn't a leather product. I really struggle with this. I consider myself Vegan so I feel terribly guilty when it comes to shoes (I only have a problem with work shoes - "down time" shoes are all non-leather)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia, you know I hear this a lot. I know so many people who struggle with finding comfortable vegan shoes for work. I like Crocs, but that's not an option for you at all in the construction industry. I've seen vegan steel toes on veganessentials.com by a company called Airseal. They might be something to look into and read reviews to see if other users have found them comfortable. A lot of people I know get cheap vegan work shoes at Payless and buy comfort sole inserts then replace them or the shoe when they get too unbearable. Sucks though.

    ReplyDelete