Sunday, October 17, 2010

One of My Theories...

Vegetables are a must on a diet.  I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie.  -Jim Davis

I have a theory about raw vegan, alkalizing vegan, macrobiotic vegan foods, and most natural vegan foods. You can eat however much you want and not gain a single pound. Now this is just my theory and my own personal experience.

(Disclaimer: Now don't go gorging yourself and then write to me saying that its all my fault and that you want me to pay for your Jenny Craig.)

For example, I discovered these raw vegan macaroons from a nice company called Emmy's Organics. These little delights were the best coconut treasures I have tasted in a long time. I have not really had a macaroon for a long time, and these yummy treats were a pleasant surprise. I do find some vegan macaroons from time to time, however Emmy's really made an impression on me. The taste was great and the way I felt afterwards was good, healthy, and energized.

When I fit some raw, macrobiotic, or alkalizing foods into my diet, it really makes me feel amazing. And I eat tons of it, at least enough to fix my craving, and I do not find any weight gain trouble with this type of cuisine. I do notice that when I have eaten garbage food (highly processed, unnatural stuff), I feel yucky and I also end up eating way more than my body probably needs. Maybe that is my body's way of trying to get the intended nutrient it was looking for, out of the garbage food, however when you eat that stuff your body must need so much more food to even get nutrients from it. When you eat natural foods, your body really gets fulfilled easily, so you tend to eat less, but also are able to indulge without the guilt.

As a lover of food, I love being vegan. I can eat all my favorite "junk foods" and indulgences, and still be healthier than the average American, and I do feel great about what I'm doing, since no animals are harmed because of my way of life. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment