Thursday, February 21, 2013

Vegan Organic Fair-trade Gourmet Chocolates, In Time for Easter!

I would like to begin today's post by saying, I HAVE NOT HAD CARAMELS THIS GOOD BEFORE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. Got my hands on some scrumptious vegan candies from Sjaak's Organic Chocolates and let me tell you, there are hardly words for how I feel about them. As I am sampling a variety of their confectionery offerings, trying to decide which is my favorite, I keep saying to myself (out-loud and by myself...hello, crazy person), "This one is my favorite, yum! No this one is my favorite, yum!".




Oh yes, all that you see here is in fact vegan-friendly. Sjaak's has a whole vegan section on their website and trust me it is pretty unbelievable. Sjaak's has you covered for holidays and all-year-round. Let me talk to you about these amazing vegan chocolates...

YES, that is a vegan peanut butter filled chocolate Easter egg! YES, those are vegan salted caramels!

Vegan "Milk" Chocolate Salted Caramels

In my entire life, vegan and my non-vegan past, I have never tasted caramels like this before. I honestly feel that Sjaak's are the masters in caramel making. This is the softest, most perfect tasting caramel I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying. If there was ever to be a caramel-making contest, I know Sjaak's would win, hands down, with their vegan caramel. With the soft delightful caramel, covered in their vegan milk chocolate, with a touch of sea salt and the nicest slight vanilla aftertaste, I feel like I'm in heaven. These caramels are also perfectly packaged and pretty. I am hooked.

Chocolate Easter Egg Filled With Crunchy Peanut Butter

I didn't think it was possible. I didn't think vegan stuff like this even existed. Vegans look no further, you can finally fill those Easter Baskets. Not only is this egg packaged really cute, the taste is out of this world. Exactly what you would imagine. Sjaak's are masters in vegan candy. Holy crap.


Chocolate Bars in "Milk" Chocolate with Creamy Caramel & Dark Chocolate with Almonds

I want these for Easter, I want these for Mother's Day, heck I even want them for Father's Day...I will just order them for hubby and steal them! That is how good these are. Vegan milk chocolate with a gooey caramel center...I've been looking for a vegan version of this candy bar for quite some time now. The dark chocolate and almond is also fantastic. I've never tasted dark chocolate this smooth before. I don't know how Sjaak's does this, I don't care, just never stop making these candies. Okay, thanks!


Eli's Earth Bars in Treasure Bar, Dream Big Bar, & Celebrate Bar

Sjaak's Organic Chocolates also make a line of candy bars called Eli's Earth Bars. They are organic, they are fair-trade certified, and they are vegan. Also, 5% of proceeds are donated to a charitable children's organization. Why wouldn't you fill your child's Easter Basket (and Halloween bucket, and Christmas stocking, and Valentine's mailbox, and birthday party favors or gift bags...) with these candy bars? A portion of proceeds go to charities that help children, so that's an amazing thing. These are absolutely knock-your-socks-off delicious, and charitable - can't beat that. What do these bars taste like, you ask? Besides rainbows and magic...

The Treasure Bar is a chocolate covered, peanut butter crunch and caramel bar. It kind of reminds me of a nougaty, peanut, caramel bar that I've had in my past, but so much better.

The Dream Big Bar is a chocolate covered, caramel, peanuts, and peanut butter bar. It is really smooth and crunchy and the flavors mingle together so nicely that you will feel like you're dreaming, but its real and its vegan.

The Celebrate Bar is a chocolate covered, caramel, coconut, and almonds bar. It is my favorite because it just melts in your mouth and the flavor combos are like, "Pow! Let's celebrate!". Amazing.



Sjaak's certainly has a way with candy and caramels. I'm not one to tell people to go out and buy things, I kind of just objectively share my opinion BUT after this post you'd be crazy not to want to try this stuff. Simply said: a vegan's dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment