Thursday, February 14, 2013

Cheezy Potatoes, Yum!

Last night we were looking for sides to make with our Field Roast dinner. I winged the roasted veggies to cook along with the roast, which was simply chunks of portobello mushrooms, onions, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, flax seed oil, Bragg's liquid aminos, and spices that I sauteed and added to the roast pan. However, we still needed one more nice side to go along with this roast. I noticed some potatoes that we had and that is when I came up with this cheezy creation. I can eat these potatoes all day, every day - they are so tasty! Here is the recipe...



Cheezy Vegan Potatoes Delmonico

What you will need:

  • 8 medium potatoes, cleaned and cubed
  • 1/2 cup vegan butter (I used Earth Balance Buttery Spread)
  • 1/2 cup flour (I used Bob's Red Mill Garbanzo Bean Flour)
  • 1 cup plain vegan milk (I used Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original flavor)
  • 1 cup vegan cream (I used Silk Creamer in Original flavor)
  • 1/2 cup Daiya Jack Style Wedge cheese, cut into small chunks
  • 1/2 cup Daiya Mozarella style shreds
  • 1/2 - 1 cup breadcrumbs (depending on how breaded you like it. I made my own fresh breadcrumbs by taking 2 slices of Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain Bread and putting them in my Vitamix, which made about 1 cup)

What you will need to do:

Preheat oven 375 degrees. Boil potatoes for about 10 minutes. While the potatoes are boiling, make your cheese sauce. In a medium sauce pan on medium heat, melt vegan butter. Whisk flour into butter and cook for a moment or two. Whisk in the vegan milk and cream until nice and smooth, then melt in the vegan cheeses and whisk until well combined. Simmer sauce on low for a few moments whisking often, then remove from heat. Drain potatoes and place evenly in a greased casserole dish. Evenly pour cheese sauce over potatoes in the casserole dish then top with breadcrumbs. Bake uncovered for 25- 30 minutes, or until breadcrumbs are browned. Enjoy!


And by the way, Happy Valentine's Day, Everyone! Hubby and I will be celebrating and I am told that I have a few surprises in store. I will fill you in on the details via Twitter. And let me know what romantic plans you have. How about the yummy sweet treats?

No comments:

Post a Comment