Monday, April 25, 2011

It's 5 o'clock Somewhere!

"Even though a number of people have tried, no one has yet found a way to drink for a living." -Jean Kerr



You all know that I am not really one for anything with the word "skinny" in it. Skinny lattes (what's that crap? gimme a full fat soy latte!), skinny jeans (cute but try getting out of those suckers after a long day), skinny dipping (okay I must admit, I like skinny dipping)...


But when I was served a Skinny Pina Colada at a restaurant, I must say I fell in love not only with the concept, but also with the tropical and refreshing flavor. Think about it, if it's lighter and tastes amazing, why not in those cases get the skinny version and use the extra calories on some http://www.dirtyveganfoods.com/ (shameless plug)?


Here is my version of the Skinny Pina Colada. I hope you enjoy. And like I said in my last Booze Post, always drink responsibly, do NOT drink and drive, do not drink underage (believe me you have plenty of time to drown yourself in bottles of liquor when you have bills and responsibilities, now just enjoy getting high on youth instead), and it is not advisable to drink while on the job using the excuse that "the Dirty Vegan made you do it" - that excuse is not yet valid.


The Skinny Pina Vegan-lada


2 parts coconut flavored rum
1 part pineapple juice 
1 part tonic/ seltzer water


Shake in ice filled shaker and poor into a cool looking cocktail glass that is halfway filled with crushed ice. Doing a little dancing while you shake is optional...that's just what I do. Garnish with a pineapple slice or a cherry on top! You might even want to add a cute paper umbrella.


What are you drinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment