Wednesday, April 6, 2011

All You Need: Be That Voice For Others

I surround my life with knowing about all this cruelty and pain, so that I can fight to free others of their pain and suffering. I knew I was meant to do something in life, and to find that something is the biggest blessing to me. I am meant to fight for others who are less fortunate than me. I am meant to speak for ones who cannot speak for themselves. Animals, gay and lesbian community, fellow women who are still victims of sexism, people of all races and nationalities, people who are alone and need help, victims of bullying, men and women who are victims of domestic violence - everyone has the power to help someone else out. Let's speak up for those who don't have the means to speak up for themselves, or ones who need a little help doing so.


There is so much that can be done to help. Volunteer at an animal shelter, holding the animals to provide them some comfort until they get to their forever homes. Foster animals so that frees up space in shelters and lessens the chance of them being put to sleep. Rally for people's rights, vote for peaceful ways that allow others to be happy and make their own choices, the ones that suit them. Not everything is right for everyone, but let others decide what is right for them. Speak up for people being bullied. If you know someone who is a victim of anything, tell authorities, tell your teachers, or parents, or someone you trust, go to the police. If you know of animal abuse or neglect, call the humane society or local animal control office. Do these things anonymously if you are scared of backlash. Volunteer at homeless shelters, soup kitchens, old-folks homes - be the sunshine in someone else's day. Be the light that shines on someone else and brings them joy when they thought it wasn't even possible to feel happiness again. You never know what one kind word, or one kind action, will do to someone's life; it can turn everything around.


Are you proud of what you accomplished today?



2 comments:

  1. I love this. Very inspiring and thought provoking. Makes me feel motivated to get on with my day, even if it is just a day of essay writing! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, that's what I'm here for :D hope you have a great day...and happy writing! xo DV

    ReplyDelete