Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Real Cultured Almond Milk Cheese...Vegan-Friendly!


One of our vegan pals that we ran into the other day, told us about this new vegan cheese available at WholeFoods. He said that it is located in the dairy section with the other artisan cheeses and it is made using the same process as you would to make dairy cheese, except this cheese is made with vegan products. We definitely wanted to give this cheese a try; needless to say, we were quite intrigued after hearing about it.


These nut cheeses are made by a company called Kite Hill. They are artisan cheeses and are definitely pricey (about $14), but are really delicious and worth it. We tried the Truffle Dill and Chive cheese, Cassucio. My first impression of this cheese was that it reminded me of tofu, in taste and consistency. There is no tofu at all in this cheese. I had never really had artisan cheeses before. My husband on the other hand, said that this cheese reminded him of brie. I definitely enjoyed this cheese on crackers. It cuts well and easily and looks beautiful. This cheese would be great to serve to your party guests. Considering my husband has had cheeses of this caliber before, he said Kite Hill Cassucio measures up.


The chive and truffle in this cheese was very delicious. This cheese has a very light, clean, and refreshing taste. It definitely does not sit like a brick in your stomach like some other vegan cheeses seem to do. My theory is that it is because of the natural and easily digestible ingredients. I'm sure my body just knew what to do with this food and used it as fuel efficiently, which is great because I enjoyed eating it so much! 


Overall, I liked this cheese and believe that it was well worth the hefty price tag. It might not be something that we can get every single week, but it is definitely superb for celebrating, hosting, and special occasions. I would love to try the other flavors of cheese that Kite Hill has to offer!

Have you tried this cheese, and if so, what do you think of it? If not, would you try this vegan artisan cheese at $14 a pop? And for now, the Dirty Vegan is signing off. Have a vegan-cheesy day!

Puritan's Pride: Coffee - Buy 1 Get 1 Free

No comments:

Post a Comment