Friday, January 17, 2014

Beer Battered Buffalo Tofu! YES, I just said that!

I am still sticking with the spicy theme that is going on this week. For some reason, I am loving all things hot and spicy! Here is a recipe I made last night and it was amazing! I do not have pictures of said recipe because it was so yummy that we scarfed it down too quickly to be photographed. So just use your imagination...and trust me it was spectacular!



Drool over my 'Beer Battered Buffalo Tofu' recipe!

What you will need:

1 block of firm tofu
1/4- 1/2 cup canola oil, for frying
1 cup of your favorite beer
2 cups whole wheat or all purpose flour
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp sea salt
some water to adjust the batter accordingly

1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
1/8 - 1/4 cup hot sauce (adjust to your "heat taste")

What you will need to do:

Drain and press tofu (I used my TofuXpress gadget to do this). Cut tofu into cubes. Heat your oil for frying (careful with hot oil please). Pour beer into large bowl then add flour, paprika, and salt. If your batter is not thin enough, add water to adjust. You want the batter to be thick like glue but not too thick that it won't cover the delicate tofu properly. Batter those suckers! Pan fry your tofu for about 5 minutes per side, flipping until all sides are cooked evenly and golden brown. Once battered tofu is cooked, remove from pan and place onto paper towels to drain excess oil. In a large bowl, combine melted butter and hot sauce then add battered tofu to this mixture and toss. Serve immediately and enjoy!

  Receive free shipping at GreenCupboards!

3 comments:

  1. I love anything and everything with Buffalo sauce (maybe it's because I'm from Buffalo?!). I will definitely be trying this recipe!
    @moreveganblog moreveganblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome recipe! Do you have the final masterpiece? :) Would love to see it!

    Make sure to check out my blog, I do a combination of health, animals and fashion weekly!

    www.laurinawong.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look sooo good! I am thinking of making cauliflower buffalo poppers or buffalo dip for my blog. I think I will need to make these first for research purposes :-)

    -Sam
    http://samsvegan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete