Saturday, January 25, 2014

Attention Mommies! Oatalicious Breastfeeding Breakfast!

For me, there is nothing more boring than a bowl of plain oatmeal. And for me, there is nothing that boosts my milk supply more than a bowl of oatmeal. With that being said, I have gotten creative with my bowl of morning oats. Here is a recipe that I love for taste and as a great breastmilk supply booster. If you try this for milk boosting, I would suggest eating it for a few days in order to start seeing a difference. Sometimes I notice a difference just after one bowl and sometimes I notice the increase after a couple days, but then it is a huge difference. Let me know how it goes for you or how you like this recipe!



Dirty Vegan Lactation Boosting Oatmeal Breakfast

What you will need:

  • 1/2 cup quick oats
  • 1 cup vegan milk (I like soy for the creaminess but almond also tastes great. I use anything that has a lot of nutrients, protein, and calcium)
  • 2 tbsp nut butter (I use Smart Balance with omegas. Remember the importance of getting Omega ALA that turns to EPA and then DHA during pregnancy and breastfeeding. DHA is essential for your baby's brain development. Here is an article I wrote about this.)
  • 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crisp Cinnamon Crumble (the first ingredient in this cereal is oat and it has 10g of protein per serving)
  • 1/2 cup fresh blueberries

  • 1 cup Bolthouse Farms Amazing Mango smoothie (I love drinking this with breakfast as a way to up the nutrition factor)
What you will need to do:

Place quick oats and vegan milk in a bowl and microwave for 2 minutes. Stir and melt in nut butter. Mix in cereal and berries. Enjoy with a glass of mango smoothie!

      Shop at ecomom!                   Lullaby Earth Logo 234x60

No comments:

Post a Comment