Saturday, March 26, 2011

Not Your Grandma's Tofu Salad


"You don't win friends with salad." -Homer Simpson

Homer is right, that is why I came up with this salad recipe...

Great vegan alternative to egg salad!

Be Anti-Salad With My 'Creamy Tofu Salad' Recipe


1 block firm tofu, drained and crumbled
1/4 cup Vegenaise (or whichever vegan mayo you like)
2 tbsp nutritional yeast 
1 tbsp Braggs liquid aminos
1 tbsp dijon mustard 
2 tsp capers 
1/2 onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped 
sea salt and pepper to taste


Mix ingredients together in a large bowl. Serve over toasted bread, in sandwiches or wraps, over greens or add in veggie salads, or eat it just as it is! Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Yum. I do almost the same thing with garbonzos. I've never tried it with tofu. I think it's the capers that make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! That could well be lunch today!! And lol... "you don't win friends with saaa-LAD, you don't win friends with saaa-LAD!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks jb, I agree. I have to try it with the beans, that sounds yummy :D

    ReplyDelete