Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Haute Couture Makeup Being Haute Compassionate: Be Kind & Look Good Doing It!

"The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole, but true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she knows." -Audrey Hepburn



Hair done with vegan brand, Pureology. Makeup mostly Too Faced Cosmetics applied with their cruelty-free Teddy Bear Hair brushes. Adorable Willi Smith jacket made from polyester and viscose; all man-made synthetic fibers.


I would like to share this website link from PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals). This is an awesome search tool for companies that do not test on animals. You will also find a list of animal ingredients, coupons, and more on their page. I will talk about some products in this blog, but please do use this search tool to inform before purchases. There is also a printer-friendly list available on the site, so you can bring it to the store with you, if you wish so. There is a special feeling in being your best possible self and not harming anyone else in the process, not to mention it is also GOOD karma! The horrors involved in animal testing are unthinkable, so please do not support companies who test. When you are kind, you can be more beautiful than you ever dreamed that you can be!




Hair Products: 


Like I was mentioning earlier, Pureology is a 100% vegan product that make hair products. Their shampoo and conditioner is simply the best! Their product smells so amazing and like all their ingredients, they are completely cruelty-free, so no animal testing. That's what I love to hair hear! Pureology made my hair super soft, shiny, and great smelling...but of coarse if you are vegan, those things come naturally to you, right?


I also adore Paul Mitchell products. I received a beautiful telephone message years ago from John Paul DeJoria in reply to an e-mail I sent to him about his people and dog products. In the message he shared some history about his company. John shared that his company was one of the first companies in the early 1980s to protest and be against animal testing. He shared, that at the time, his competitors were all conducting animal testing, however John's company stood their ground and refused to test. A bold move back in the 80s when cookie cutter companies were most successful. I love that the Paul Mitchell brand was thinking outside of the box and being compassionate, bravo! 


*Dirty Vegan Blurb! Now just because a company does not test, does not mean they are completely vegan either. Be sure to always read your ingredients list. If ingredients are unfamiliar to you and internet research proves unsuccessful, call or write the company! Use the PETA search tool and take a peek at their Animal Ingredients List. Its a simple task and if we all did it, the demand would decrease for products tested on animals and for animal ingredients, thus decreasing needless animal suffering.*


Skincare:


I used to use Clinique and Clarins since their products do not test on animals, however I switch up my products a lot and like to try different things. I still use Clinique and Clarins cosmetics stuff sometimes, but right now I'm hooked on Lush for skincare. I use their Coal Face cleanser, which has lasted me so long, probably close to 6 months, great bargain right there! I also like their fresh face mask called Cupcake, that one is vegan. A few of their others are and one of the masks that is not fresh, but still so awesome, called Mask of Magnaminty. This mask is minty and cool and lightly exfoliating and just plain awesome! I use their Tea Tree Water toner. I switch between their moisturizers, sometimes depending on the season or the need. During the winter, I use Skin Drink. Personally, my face just soaks it up nicely and it is especially nice for me in the winter when skin tends to be its driest. All Lush stuff that is vegan has a nice green "V" on it, so they've made it easy.


Makeup:


I am in love with Too Faced Cosmetics! I love the fact that they make professional quality make-up brushes and promote them as cruelty-free! Bravo, Too Faced! Their Teddy Bear Hair brushes are made with fine quality synthetic materials and were purposely made that way to spare animals from the cruelty involved in obtaining their hair for makeup brushes. Word on the street is that their founder, Jerrod Blandino (sounds Italian, just like me!), helped develop these fabulous brushes. Thank you Jerrod and Too Faced for being conscious and kind about animals. Too Faced also makes lots of vegan friendly make-up products, which I love to use (always read those labels for ingredients list). To achieve my look above I used a combination of Too Faced products and since the quality is very good and professional, it came out really nice. I enjoy using this brand.


Other makeup brands I like to use are Stila, Clarins (they are big on vegan products and are against animal cruelty), Tarte, Bare Escentuals, and other products that when I see them I ask if they test or about the ingredients. Always check labels, even if you use the same product, because ingredients can change, or their animal testing policy may change. Always try to be aware and have the most up-to-date information.


I would like to say that being beautiful comes from within. Makeup is definitely fun and helps you achieve the high fashion look that is so popular in our society, however being the best possible you, being compassionate and kind to all walks of life, being happy, being positive, and being good natured is always in style, is always sexy, and is always glamorous! And for now, the Dirty Vegan is signing off.




PS - how fun would it be if the Dirty Vegan was ever in the running for PETA's Sexiest Vegetarian contest? Just sayin'....





No comments:

Post a Comment