Monday, November 22, 2010

I Like It Quick and Easy, In the Morning...

"I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure." -Mae West

Savor My 'Quick and Nutritious PB, Waffle Breakfast' Idea

What you will need:

1 frozen blueberry waffle (I used Van's)
1/2 banana, sliced
1 heaping tbsp chunky peanut butter (I used Smart Balance)
maple syrup, drizzled (optional)

What you will need to do:

Toast the waffle in your toaster. When it is to your liking, spread the peanut butter on it. Then, arrange the banana slices on top. Finally, if you choose to drizzle some pure maple syrup on top, now is the time to do so. Enjoy!

This is a really quick, yummy, and nutritious "fast food" breakfast. You are getting your protein, your healthy fats, your fruit with the banana, and antioxidants with the blueberry waffles. I chose the gluten free waffle because it seems to be easier to digest. This breakfast idea can be easily adopted by people with gluten intolerance. Also, this breakfast seems to keep me going and is very satisfying. When I eat this for breakfast, I'm not wolfing down a Primal Strip five minutes later...well not always.

No comments:

Post a Comment