Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Celebration for the Turkeys: The FOOD, Part Two!

The food at the Farm Sanctuary's annual Celebration for the Turkeys, was amazing! My next post will be to re-create one of the dishes served. So please, cast your vote and I will make my version of it and post the recipe! If I do not receive any votes or feedback, I will simply choose for you!

At the farm was amazing hot cider and yummy teas, pretzel snacks, and yummy Newman O's. But at the dinner was where they pulled out all the stops. The hotel put on quite the vegan spread indeed. There were appetizers and hor dourves galore! Bruschetta, veggies and dip, crackers, stuffed mushrooms, breads, olive oil dipping sauce, tepenade, assorted fruit, just to name the ones I can remember! There was a really beautiful salad also, to start. The soup was a pumpkin bisque with puffy, almost cracker-like croutons. That was the best bisque I have ever tasted! Dinner was a buffet style, nice touch for us hungry vegans! What I really enjoyed about this year's meal, was that you could now choose from Tofurky or Field Roast...or both, which I did! The Field Roast was likely their Celebration Roast with stuffing and is a nice flavor, different than Tofurky, just as nice, and very palette pleasing. The buffet also offered stuffing, amazing sweet potatoes, a beans and greens dish, and mashed potatoes. It all was heavenly to say the least!



Dessert was crazy good! Dessert featured a nice mousse, likely white chocolate flavor and was in a dark chocolate shell, a chocolate covered strawberry, and a nice coconut covered truffle. The presentation was beautifully done! The venue was amazing as well. It was a night to remember and it felt amazing to be there. We are making a difference.



Again, I will create a Dirty Vegan version of one of these foods mentioned, please cast your vote and I will oblige. You can vote by commenting to this post or by e-mailing me at thedirtyvegan.blogspot@gmail.com. I will also accept facebook or other online requests, for the vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment