Monday, May 2, 2016

Vegan Wine, Y'all!

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food." - W. C. Fields

Whether you are a seasoned vegan looking for some new cruelty-free wine options, or a new vegan who is confused on how wine can even be non-vegan, I have some great news for you! Mezzacorona wine is vegan-friendly!

I love Mezzacorona and I will tell you why. They are vegan, they are green, they are hip, and they are inexpensive! Imagine a vegan wine that tastes so fancy that you'd swear it cost $300 per bottle, but is as affordable as buying a 6-pack of beer and obviously more elegant. If you are looking for all of those things, Mezzacorona's delicious wines are  for you!

When Mezzacorona contacted me and wanted to send me wine, my first thought was, "sure!", but then I immediately thought of the fact that they might not be vegan and might contain added sulfates... so I had to do the research first. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that they are not just vegan but also focused on preserving our natural environment; you know I love this!

My friends over at Barnivore have confirmed that their wines are suitable for us Dirty Vegans; I'm happy!

"I confirm that all Mezzacorona Wines are suitable for vegans.
We do not use fining agents such as egg albumin, casein, gelatin or isinglass to clarify the wine. The only fining agent, which is used, is Bentonite."

So here is what we sampled from Mezzacorona...


Mezzacorona Pinot Noir - a fantastic wine with characteristics of bright red cherry, blackberry and brown spice, you'll enjoy this wine paired with vegan roasts like Tofurky or Fieldroast.

Mezzacorona Pinot Grigio - I loved this wine and it was my favorite for its aromatic crisp green apple, mineral and honeysuckle notes. This light and refreshing wine pairs awesome with appetizers, soups and pasta.

Mezzacorona Rose - my second favorite, this wine has a rather complex aroma profile of wild red berries with floral notes of roses and geranium. I'd pair this with practically anything, but vegan stuffed mushrooms would be perfection!

Cliffhanger Pinot Grigio - in this amazing wine you'll enjoy ripe stone fruit with ripe pear surrounded by a white melon and fresh peach flavor, with light and elegant floral notes. Embodying a rich, smooth body and acidity, with a fresh, mineral finish, it is another great wine to pair with pasta and appetizers.



Such beautiful wine!


These were really yummy wines and I recommend this vegan and eco-friendly brand to anyone who enjoys a good quality at that. Big thanks to Mezzacorona for your generosity, I definitely savored these. Saluti!

No comments:

Post a Comment