Monday, August 15, 2011

Autumn-esque Summer Side Dish

The last month of summer always reminds me of the next approaching season. I start to get so anxious for autumn, that I tend to make summer dishes and sides that are fall-ish. This recipe encompasses some ingredients that you would use early fall into the winter holidays, while still hanging onto summer. Its the best of both enjoyable seasons!


Savor my 'Can't Wait Until Fall' Acorn Squash Side

1 acorn squash, peeled & cubed
2 carrots, sliced
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup vegan butter (I used Earth Balance)
sea salt & black pepper to taste


Add all ingredients in a microwave safe baking dish and mix together. Cook in microwave oven for 10 minutes. Stir. Cook for an additional 2 minutes if necessary. Cooking times may vary depending on your microwave oven (or if you choose to use a regular or toaster oven instead), so you may want to play around with it when making this recipe the first time. Enjoy!

I had this with brown rice and garlic roasted tofu. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment