Monday, February 24, 2014

Read THIS Before Buying Your Next Batch of Protein Powder!

When I first tried protein powder by Naturade, I tried their Pea Protein, Vegan Formula in Vanilla flavor. I was overjoyed to find this in my local natural foods store because it has 20 grams of plant based protein, potassium, and some fiber. Basically all I would need to boost my protein intake or help my body out when I have a french fries only day. But then again, on those days I am still supplementing with vitamins, omegas, etc. Well, it wasn't until I tried Naturade's VeganSmart All-In-One Nutritional Shake that I thought of their Pea Protein powder as great and all, but more like VeganSmart's annoying (but still loved) little brother.


Naturade was nice enough to send me some VeganSmart to try. And as a technicality, I must disclose that I am only paid in VeganSmart sample packets, and no other green stuff. As you can see from my picture, the packaging is a lot more hip looking than their Pea Protein packets. You can get VeganSmart in Vanilla, Chocolate, and Chai flavors. In my opinion, Naturade is like the better version of Vega protein powder, and I'm not just saying that because Vega hasn't sent me any samples, I say that because VeganSmart is cheaper to buy, and it tastes better than Vega.


Now let's take a look at the scientific stuff. As you can see from this picture of the Supplement Facts in Naturade VeganSmart, this can be a vegan's most valuable insurance policy. With a healthy vegan diet and drinking one of these babies everyday, how can anyone say that they are deficient in anything as result of a vegan diet (unless there is seriously something medically wrong with them, like they can't absorb nutrients correctly)? Not only are you getting 20 grams of plant based protein in each shake that you make with each packet, the protein that you are getting is complete (Pea, Hemp, Chia, Potato, and Chlorella). And 20 grams of protein in your daily diet that comes from something other than soy, will shut your friends and relatives up won't it? Yeah, if you are vegan you know exactly what I mean. Other than protein, this is an all-in-one nutritional shake, including good stuff like a whole food complex (yes, with real food), fiber and omega blend, probiotic blend, and digestive enzyme blend. Looks like I only have to drink this and take my daily vitamin rather than supplementing to achieve a superior level of healthy everyday. VeganSmart has everything that I would want and more! This is what I want to have tons of in an apocalyptic situation. These shakes taste great too! They are decent on their own, but I recommend vegan milk and/ or fruits and ice. I have created a yummy recipe for you to try with Naturade. I call this peanut butter and jelly tasting shake the Purple Protein Monster!

Add 1 packet/ serving of Vanilla VeganSmart in blender with 9 ounces of almond milk, 1 cup of blueberries, 1 cup of strawberries, 1 cup of ice, and 1 tbsp peanut butter. Blend all ingredients for at least 30 seconds.

Enjoy!

Naturade's VeganSmart tastes delicious, is packed with lots of protein, 22 vitamins and minerals, and lots of other really great stuff! I loved the taste, but I also loved the way it made me feel. My body started feeling better than it had before I drank the protein shake. I also felt a gentle energy boost. This protein is terrific for breakfast to replenish your body after the fast of the night, or ideal after a workout for recovery. And you gotta love how this product is nearly half the price of those other vegan protein powders and has the same all-in-one nutrition that us vegans desire. Hey, anything that provides me a healthy cushion so that I can still enjoy my vegan pancakes and french fries, is alright in my book!


And for now, the Dirty Vegan is signing off. Hats off to Purple Protein Monsters and Pea Protein!

7 comments:

  1. Good work…unique site and interesting too… keep it up…looking forward for more updates. vega one protein

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all i would like to thank you for the great and informative entry. I has to admit that I have never heard about this information I have noticed many new facts for me. Thanks a lot for sharing this useful and attractive information and I will be waiting for other interesting posts from you in the nearest future. Keep it up.vega one protein

    ReplyDelete
  3. I,just bought this today... I'm not a vegan, but I wanted something comprable to shakeology, because who the hell is going to pay $120 for a bag of that... I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the best flavor alone without anything added

    ReplyDelete
  5. Has anyone tried the chocolate? I like the vanilla one so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The vanilla tastes great with Coconut Water!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great article. Thanks for sharing. Apart from this you can check out this Omega Nutrition PUMPKIN PROTEIN POWDER - 600G. Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder is already being considered as one of the best products among organic foods. With over 63% premium vegetarian protein by weight, Omega Nutrition's Pumpkin Powder Protein offers health-minded consumers a protein replacement product that is easy to digest and so naturally concentrated that 1.5 scoops (15 grams) offers 10 grams of complete protein. This Pumpkin Powder Protein from Omega Nutrition is also a rich source of omega-6 EFA and omega-9, a good source of favourable plant sterols and a great vegan protein source. For more information Check out this Omega Nutrition PUMPKIN PROTEIN POWDER - 600G product.

    ReplyDelete