Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Let's Talk About Vegan Food Products!

Edward & Sons swag...Oh my!


I just received a huge and generous package from Edward & Sons (thank you guys! you are awesome!) and I would like to talk a little about their products and give you some ideas on how to use them. Also, please stay tuned to this blog because I am conjuring up some recipes to post here, using some of these products. Just a quick thought is a vegan version of Almond Joy candy, using Edward & Sons coconut flakes, but we will see, I still have to create that, so it will take me a little time to experiment with what works and tastes the best.

So here is what you see in the above picture and some of my ideas for how to use them:

Coconut Flakes - what can't you do with these?! Use them for baking, to sprinkle in your cereal or oatmeal (try the flakes in one of my archived recipes like Dirty Vegan's Tropical Oatmeal), in Edward & Sons Coconutty Granola Recipe on the bag, or eat it straight from the bag, this stuff is so darn yummy! The possibilities are endless with big chunky, fresh tasting coconut flakes like these. Best part is that they are organic and free of sugar or additives. What you see is what you get. Also, comes in a resealable bag. Sweet!

Coconut Flour - I absolutely love coconut flour! It is high in fiber and just so much better for you than white flour. Use this in baking or any recipe where flour is called for. Whenever I bake muffins, scones, or anything with coconut flour, I feel satisfied but in a healthy way and never in a guilty way. I like that coconut flour doesn't leave you feeling as heavy as maybe rice or wheat flour can. Also, comes in a resealable bag. Sweet!

Coconut Water - there is nothing more hydrating and refreshing than coconut water, in my opinion. This stuff is packed with vital nutrients and electrolytes, so it is great for athletes or for anyone who wants to rehydrate. I personally drink this stuff when I am feeling sick, also, and it helps me to feel revived. It has helped relieve me of nausea in the past. You can drink this right from the can, and being in a can makes it extremely convenient, while locking in the nutrients since the light cannot penetrate the container. Also, coconut water is great to add to a smoothie, slushy, or blender drink, to add some extra nutrients to it. This is also organic and made from young coconuts.

Creamed Coconut - Woweee I cannot wait to play around in the kitchen with this stuff! This organic creamed coconut is to be added to hot water to replace the dairy or coconut milk that is called for in recipes. You can use this in creamy soups, curries (like Penang), stews, smoothies, daiquiris (I am the "Dirty" Vegan, remember?), ambrosia, and other dessert recipes. Again, I cannot wait to concoct or veganize a recipe using this stuff, and share with you guys.

Organic Tapioca Starch - Amazing! You can use this in place of cornstarch (which is great for anyone who is sensitive to corn or avoiding GMOs, since most corn in America is genetically modified/ engineered, and that is a topic for another post). So many baking and cooking possibilities for this one. You better believe I will be using this product soon and posting about it. Matter of fact, I wanted to make a recipe that called for cornstarch the other day, however had none. Now I have tapioca starch to use, even better!

Fruti Bear Gummies - OMG gone are the days where vegans had to go without gummy bears at the movie theaters! You can fit these bad boys in your purse (or pocket, they come in little individually wrapped pouches) and enjoy a candy treat wherever you go. Best part; organic and made with organic juices. I am in love.

Fruiti Bear Sour Gummies - Same thing that I said about the above gummies, however these have a nice sweet and sour coating. Delightful! Reminiscent of Sour Patch Kids candies, however these are better! They are healthy. You can have your gummies and eat them too, kids.

Rice Toast Crackers - These are amazing. They are yummy, light, contain protein and iron; what else could you possibly ask for in a snack? Top these yummy squares with any vegan thing your heart desires. Dirty Idea: melt Daiya cheese, or make queso with Daiya cheese, top or dip with. These are really good plain too. Lot's of ideas, will have to post some New Year's Eve hor dourve ideas for you guys. Stay tuned.

Miso Cup Soup - I am so in love with this stuff. Absolutely the best miso soup out there. Talk about easy too. Really, just add hot water. I make myself to-go mugs of this stuff. I add it to other recipes that call for broth, when I want to add a little extra oomph. The perfect miso soup. Made from organic miso and comes with 3 individual servings per pouch, you really can't go wrong.

Bouillon Cubes in Garden Veggie, Not-Beef, Not-Chick'n, and Low Sodium Veggie - I talked about these bouillon cubes in one of my recent posts, and  I will shout it from the mountains; I love these! The value is amazing, 8 cubes per package, each cube is individually wrapped.  I add these to a lot. Soups, stir-fry dishes (Crockpot Stir-fry Recipe), stews, and any other vegan recipe calling for broth or bouillon cube. I make an awesome soup that I use these in and I will share it with everyone really soon. The flavors in these cubes are excellent and spot on!

I have loved Edward & Sons for such a long time, and continue enjoying all of the new products that they come out with. As you can see, mostly all of their goodies are organic (look for their Let's Do Organic line) and are all natural. You can find their products at Whole Foods, health food stores, and in the grocery store (try the natural isle if you have trouble finding it). Also, in the beginning of this post you will find a link to their website. These products are perfect for the Dirty Vegans out there because they make life easier and naughtier, while still being healthy and cruelty free. You just can't beat that! And for now, the Dirty Vegan is signing off.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is really interesting reading. I am glad I found this and got to read it. Great job on this content. I like it.
    CBD Vegan Gummies

    ReplyDelete