Thursday, April 20, 2017

Random Post: Hair Dye?



I stopped dying my hair around 2010 and the last hair dye that I used was temporary and it washed out after however many showers. It was to bring my color back to brunette after highlights, even it all out. Since then, I've grown and donated my hair several times, at one point a couple years ago cutting my hair super short, in a real micro-bob.

I'm not opposed to hair dying whatsoever. I used to love changing my hair color, but I didn't like the way it made me feel after the excitement wore off. I didn't feel like myself anymore. It always felt like this sigh of relief whenever I was able to get that box of black hair dye and turn myself back into myself. I felt like "me" again. So that is why I stopped dying my hair. I probably will do it again someday, at some point. Probably will do it when I start to get gray hairs because I'm vain. Nothing wrong with gray hair, I think natural aging is beautiful and I admire it so much on others. Women with gray hair are beautiful and gorgeous in their age and salt and pepper haired men like John Slattery are sexy as hell, but for me I like being brunette, the way I was born. I'm sure that will change once I do get a gray hair or two because maybe at that time I will be ready for it, who knows.

Sometimes it looks like I have streaks of gray in my pictures where my shiny hair hits the light, but it is just lighting. I don't like it. My hair has gotten so shiny from my healthy vegan diet that I can skip hair conditioner sometimes after shampooing because my hair is rich with natural oil.

I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of a wig either. Imagine that? Never having to style your hair or throw it back in a messy bun (screaming to the world I AM LAZY TODAY). Then you can color your hair differently every single day with just the change of a wig. I feel like a Marilyn today... bam... blonde bombshell.

Ehh, I never looked good as a blonde. Oh yeah, I did the blonde thing before, believe it or not. It was 1999 and I was doing one of those blonde highlight with the holes in the cap and plastic pick things. It went terribly wrong because my thick hair wasn't going thru the holes properly and I panicked since I already had the hair bleach mixed up and sitting in the tray. I just slathered it all over my head then used a comb to kind of even it out. So it was like a frosted look. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. I could post the picture right here, but I'm not gonna. That was another one of those times where I truly felt myself again once I took hold of that brunette hair dye and made myself feel old-and-familiar again.

I have no idea what the point of this blog post is. What is the lesson here? I guess, do whatever it is that makes you happy. I don't judge and you shouldn't judge yourself or others either. If you like your hair a certain color, do it. If you want to change your hair color or style like the weather, go for it. If it makes you happy, how can it be bad? Don't worry about the haters or the judges; they aren't happy with themselves that is the only reason they are judging others.

And for now, The Dirty Vegan is signing off. I hope your day is super sunny and colorful! It's gloomy out here in New England right now, but I hope we all see rainbows today - no - double rainbows!

No comments:

Post a Comment