Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Chocolate & Peanut Butter: Rock On!

The Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups seem to be the only tasty most popular recipe in Alicia Silverstone's Kind Diet book. Like always, I have to Dirty everything up. I made them yesterday with the following variations...


I didn't use maple sugar, I used vegan cane.

I used whatever vegan chocolate chips I could get my hands on, not the "grain sweetened" kind.

Instead of 1/4 cup of vegan milk, I used Silk Hazelnut vegan creamer. The ganache was perfect!

Instead of 1/4 cup of peanuts or almonds, I used cashews. The peanut butter, hazelnut cream, and cashews gave this a very multi-nut-dimensional flavor. It was very nice.

Definitely wait the 2 hours for these to set in the refrigerator. Overnight is best.

 This recipe is ridiculously easy!

Have you ever made these before? If not, do you think it is something you might try?

4 comments:

  1. [ Smiles ] Thanks for the delicious vegan friendly recipe.

    Chocolate and peanut butter have been a smashing combination for years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! Definitely a favorite flavor combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed of how delicious these pb cups tasted. They were actually better than the Reese's pb cups. The chocolate and almond milk mixed together on top of the peanut butter mixture was phenomenal. I'm definitely making these again and serving them to my carnivorous friends. I know they'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, these are extremely delicious and quite addicting too! They do not seem to last very long in our household...strange disappearances ;o)

      Delete