Wednesday, March 16, 2011

EASY and Super CHEEZY Lasagna - Requested By Readers!

"One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating". -Pavarotti

This was by far the best lasagna I've ever had! I perfected this recipe especially for my readers who requested it, to make it the most authentic Italian that I can do vegan and the closest to my Italian heritage that I remember growing up with. I also wanted it to be super easy and fast!



Ingredients:


20 ounces of homemade or jar sauce of your choice
1/4 cup and 4 tbsp olive oil
1 block firm tofu
1 package Lightlife Smart Grounds "beef"
1 package Daiya shredded mozzarella shreds
12 no-cook lasagna rectangles (I used 365 brand from Whole Foods)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic salt (or sea salt)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
sprinkle of dried rosemary
sprinkle of dried thyme
black pepper to taste


What to do:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drain tofu and place block in blender with 1/4 cup olive oil and the spices (last 7 ingredients above), once blended taste and season more if necessary, set aside, this is your tofu ricotta. Brown the Smart Grounds in a fry pan with 2 tbsp of olive oil and set aside. Take a small spoonful of your tomato sauce and 2 tbsp of your olive oil and spread that on the bottom of your baking dish. Place 3 lasagna rectangles down in pan. Then layer some "beef" grounds, some sauce, some tofu ricotta, and some Daiya shreds. Layer that same way three more times, ending with the top of the lasagna covered in the shreds. Bake for 40- 45 minutes, until melty and bubbly. Let lasagna set before cutting into squares and serving. Enjoy!


So cheezy and yummy! I want to eat this everyday for every meal!


4 comments:

  1. This looks AMAZING! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback! :)
    Please let me know if you try it, and what you all think.

    ReplyDelete